Ora and Mary Ann Haworth Walls
Stephen and Mary Ellen (Robbins) Haworth
The Haworth farm is shown on the right.
The Monon Railroad always called this town "Horton" as did our Haworth families. State Highway maps referred to it as Hortonville, with "Horton" listed as an alternate name. A Post Office was established in 1883 and named for its first Postmaster, John B. Horton.
The elevator continues to operate (this picture was taken in 2011), using trucks, instead of the railway cars.
Return to Family Notes Index Page